In the opening to Ken Wilber's book The Spectrum of Consciousness, he quotes William James.
Our normal waking consciousness is but one special type of consciousness..... No account of the universe in its totality can be final which leaves these other forms of consciousness quite disregarded. How to regard them is the question. . . At any rate, they forbid our premature closing of accounts with reality.
He's right. And one type of consciousness that I never experience anymore is when I was a child and when we would visit someone's house and play for hours. It was a timeless bliss that I remember. I wasn't thinking about 10 things at once. No worries at all. Purely in the moment. Purely focused and a being suffused with joy. Hadn't thought about that in a long time.
- ► 2017 (9)
- ► 2016 (24)
- ► 2015 (19)
- ► 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (21)
- ► 2007 (31)
- I didn't rig this
- Intelligent Design and Alfred North Whitehead
- Science and the Modern World - Alfred North Whiteh...
- Creation, Wisdom and the Mystical
- I find this edifying
- Yet Another Transitional Fossil
- Spiritual Pollution
- Idea Progression- Bible - Gospel of Thomas
- Early Morning Thoughts while Thinking about the Go...
- The Spectrum of Consciousness
- Physics and Consciousness
- Physics and Emergence
- Music and the Meaning of Life
- Process Theology
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2005 (28)