Friday, January 19, 2018

Mother's Day Reading Assignment: Read Books by Women

A couple of years ago, I think it was on Mother's Day, the minister at the church we were attending suggested that we should make a point to read some women authors for spiritual assistance.  I have forgotten the context.  The memory of that popped into my mind recently that I have been reading some women authors.  Had never set out to make it a point to read or not read women authors but it just happened.  A couple of nights I fell asleep trying to list them in my mind.  Before the mid-nineties and Amazon, the list is probably incomplete.  Will add to this as more come to mind.  This illuminates my interests.


Religion, Philosophy, Biography,  Novels and Spiritual Writing 


The Gnostic Gospels by Elaine Pagels   - early eighties


Adam, Eve and the Serpent: Sex and Politics in Early Christianity (1988),


The Origin of Satan: How Christians Demonized Jews, Pagans, and Heretics (1995),


Ancient Israelite Religion - Susan Niditch 1997


Beyond Belief: The Secret Gospel of Thomas (2003)


A History of God - Karen Armstrong - late nineties


Beloved - Toni Morrison 2004


Amazing Grace: A Vocabulary of Faith - Kathleen Norris  ~ 2005 give or take


The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand 2005






Nancey Murphy  2007





Dorothee Solle   2007





No comments:

Blog Archive