Tuesday, August 21, 2012

West Ridge Church of Christ/ Eastside Church of Christ of Pocahontas, AR

Two pages from Arkansas Christians:  A History of the Restoration Movement in Randolph County 1800-1995, Arkansas by Dr. Michael L. Wilson  Copyright 1997.


My Dad attended the old Carter School mentioned in the first sentence. The East Pocahontas Church of Christ was established around the time I was born.  I left Poky in 1966.  I knew when this church moved to Highway 62 but have never had the opportunity to meet with them.  Don't know when they changed the name to West Ridge Church of Christ.  Their present web site is http://westridgechurchofchrist.org/ .  Would like to go there as many people I once knew must attend there.  Recognized two of the deacons.  Don Wilson is likely the book author's brother.  I think Mark Futrell is the son of the late Phil Futrell who owned Futrell's Pharmacy and gave me my first job where I paid into social security. Worked at his soda fountain pulling soft drinks, making milkshakes and ice cream sundaes.



View Larger Map

1 comment:

Daniel Keller said...

Nice blog thanks for poosting

Blog Archive