Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bought a Kindle.

Bought a Kindle a week ago. Am enjoying it. Find the book you want, press a button, and you have it. I downloaded a 4000 page collection of Ralph Waldo Emerson's writings that way. Am reading six things at once. Marilyn Robinson's Absence of Mind, Goethe's The Sorrows of Young Werther, Some writings of Edmund Burke and Adam Smith, and a Sherlock Holmes collection. Books published a long time ago tend to be free or 99 cents. Newer books often just $9 but many current books are not yet available. Fun to use.

1 comment:

Tim Archer said...

I've used the Kindle app on the iPod Touch and really enjoy it. I'm sure the experience is even nicer on the Kindle itself, but the Touch was loaned to me for free, so it's tough to beat the price.

Anyway, it's definitely great for people who travel. I've always got a number of books right in my pocket.

Grace and peace,
Tim Archer

Blog Archive