Monday, December 26, 2005

Singin in the Rain

My son took a course on film this past semester. He came home one day saying that his favorite of all the movies he'd seen was Singin in the Rain. We bought him the DVD for Christmas and watched it yesterday.

It was great!

It has been very many years since I'd last seen a singing and dancing show. Never had much interest in them...well yes I enjoyed the Sound of Music, Oklahoma, the Music Man, and the Student Prince. Come to think of it I did have some affection for the musicals. But I never had the slightest interest in the dance part of things. It has been many years since seeing any song and dance musical. Such things were on TV a lot when I was growing up, but I never paid much attention. Now after these years and finally seeing Singin in the Rain, I am really impressed. Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor were great athletes. They had rhythm. They could sing. They were upbeat and happy. It was a joy to watch. What a Blessing!

No comments:

Blog Archive