Sunday, February 14, 2016

I'm A Total Failure? And It's A Good Thing Too!

I'm a fan of Deborah Cox and her book, Wife Material.  Was checking out her blog today and found this post to be beneficial.

http://deborahlcox.com/its-my-fault-transform-multi-generational-guilt-and-shame/

She asserts that we can inherit guilt, shame, and other emotions from previous generations.  She recommends an exercise to identify specifically these issues as a means for overcoming them.   I'll quote the end of the post as a teaser.  I hope it compels the reader to visit her blog.

You already know I’m a proponent of misbehavior. Breaking the rules and failing helps us become who we truly are. So, It’s My Fault can become, I Learned From It. And, I Should Have Known Better can become, I Did The Best I Could….And Look Where I Am Now!"

That is great advice.!!

No comments:

Blog Archive